Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Let's Bake a Cake!

Dear Family-

I finally decided to make one of the cake mixes that you so kindly sent me.  It was a little more work than normal and required a lot of improvising.  The biggest hurdle was the fact that I did not have any kind of cake pan.  I ran to the store to see if there was anything disposable, but I was out of luck and was not going to spend $25 on a pan.  So, I came home and settled on the broiler pan.  It is larger than a cake pan, but it can withstand the oven temperatures.  The only real downside was that I ended up with a cake that was only about 3/4 - 1 inch thick.  The real trick was making sure that it didn't over cook.  Even though the package said 25-30 minutes, this was done in about 20.  I used 1 can of frosting and ended up with a really tasty home made treat.  Yes, I did share with the neighbors! 


Thanks for taking such good care of me!

Love you all!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Erin,

I had asked my sister some time ago to write a post about how her and her hubby kept the spark in their relationship through many years of separation due to his military service. She put it up today if you would like to check it out.

Hugs,

kat