Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Best Present





Dear Family-

I wanted to thank you for the wonderful presents you sent me in the "big box". I will have a good time with the movies and can't wait to get the X-Box going. Most of all I want to thank you for the wonderful pillow. It was an amazing present. It put a lot of things in to perspective for me that I had truly lost site of.



I can not really explain where my mind has been over the last few years. It is kind of like that scene in Star Wars where Yoda is admonishing Luke, "All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless" I have spent a lot of time worrying about the future and what is going to happen and not a lot of time in the here and now. This pillow really brought that in to perspective. Thank you!

Love you all.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I'm so glad you liked it!

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Hey, that is my picture...I liked the one with blankie...I didn't take any photos of the blankie...just use Picasa to fix the names.