Saturday, March 6, 2010

Reality Check



Dear Family-

I imagine you guys think I am lounging in the lap of luxury over here in Wonderland, so I decided to share with you an example of my day off. During the work week, which for me is Friday-Tuesday, I don't really get much done around the apartment. I am averaging about 2 hours of free time each day at most during the week and really do not want to come back and clean. So, my days off are when I try to get all me cleaning and stuff done. This past Thursday is when I got most of my stuff done. The day was spent changing sheets, cleaning the bathroom, doing laundry, ironing, and cleaning the common areas of the apartment. Once you are use to living a certain way (clean sheets all the time, clean house) you can not live like a pig. Messes and dishes have to be cleaned up promptly. I am finding that you have to dust and mop this place every week or you end up dirty really fast. There is always this super fine dust in the air and it is even worse during the dust storms. I am having a hell of a time getting use to mopping. We have a mop, a bucket, and this cone thing to wring out the mop. Well, this past Thursday was the high point. I was almost done mopping and I ended up dumping over the entire mop bucket. A gallon and a half of dirty water all over. I snapped a picture so you could see me in all my glory!

It took me another hour or so to get up all of the dirty water and to mop all over again. Such is life! Don't get me wrong, it is nice having all this stuff to do on your day off. There is a definite lack of things to do here and what there is to do cost way too much. So, please, don't picture me just sitting back on vacation.

Love you!

1 comment:

Erin said...

LOL! Go figure!...it takes regular attention to keep your home clean? Who knew?