Sunday, February 14, 2010

Blast from the past....

Dear Family-

I was going through the pictures on the camera and saw that I had stuff on there that I had not posted. The pictures below are from Ali Al Saleem Airbase. This camp is where we went after we landed. It is essentially a huge tent city with row after row of tents.


Each is setup to hold about 16 people, but they try to keep the number at about 8 per tent. The tents were on concrete pads and there were trailers set up for bathroom facilities and showers. They had a really good dining facility and access to fast food. We were here for about 3 days before we headed south.

This was my tent....


It can't be that bad, they have a McDonald's! Notice the Arabic on the sign...


By the way, this is the only camel I have seen so far.....




Love you!

No comments: