Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 3. How not to get yourself kidnapped

Well today ended up being a lot of waiting and not a whole lot of action. The day started early with all of the people currently at the CRC turning out for a formation. There were over 400 military, dod, and contractors present. Our two major accomplishments for today were the fitting of our ballistic vest and learning how to deal with being kidnapped. I think that I will stick with the first option: Don't get kidnapped. I guess it is a real possibility for the world in which we live, but I do not think that this is something unique to my duty location. Numerous people that they interviewed about their experiences were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

A couple of observations I have made over the last couple of days. The first one is the number of women deploying. I would estimate that there are about 25 women in the group of 235 contractors. I am not sure what that says as it is just an observation. The second thing is the fact that there are a wide variety of people here in the contractor pool. I think that you could find one of every possible type of person here. I am not sure what I expected, but the make up kind of surprises me.

I am going to try and take some photos tomorrow so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I second that motion: Just stick with the first option.