Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 6-8 A whirlwind post...

The last few days have been really hectic here at the CRC. Wednesday lived up to its nickname of "death by Powerpoint". We were in classes from early morning and until the early evening. I hope I can remember how to improvise a stretcher when necessary. It was actually a really brutal day even though we were just sitting through class after class. By the end of the day, everyone had the same blank look on their faces.

Thursday was the day that all deficiencies had to be completed or you would not fly on Friday. I had taken care of shots on Wednesday and only had to pick up my gas mask insert. The big drama came when the transport people would not approve my bag for the flight. I had to repack everything down in to a duffel bag. After I squished everything down, I had to head off to the UPS store to mail my hockey bag home. It took me over 3 hours to get done with UPS. (you think Christmas is bad!)

Friday is flight day and I am here at Freedom Hall and Fort Benning waiting for our flight. It is amazing that no one can say when the plane will actually depart. I am assuming that this is a security precaution as photography is not allowed here as well. Our current plan is to fly from here to Ireland and then from Ireland to Kuwait. Once we get there, we will be in a "tent-city" for 2-3 days.

After all of the emotions and constant rushing from here to there, I can honestly say that I am now pretty wiped out. After speaking to my family yesterday, I guess they hit the wall on Thursday. I am sure that once I get to Kuwait and get on a schedule that will help everyone settle down.

Even though I am pretty tired, I am really excited about getting to Kuwait and getting started at my new job. I know that I am on a really good path right now and that this is just the beginning of the next phase in our lives.

Talk to you all again when I have internet access again.

Love you all!

3 comments:

CaliGirl said...

What an adventure, Clark! Dang...I really do need to get my passport. HA! Miss you guys and hope Kuwait is good to you.

Kyle

Veronica Lee said...

Kuwait sounds exciting!! Good luck on your new job and keep us posted with lots of pics of Kuwait!!

Have a great weekend!!

Erin said...

Hey, Superman...I don't think we've ever gone 4 days without talking. Can we do it? I guess we have no choice. Love you...